Left Handed Penn 250

Started by Marlinmate, February 03, 2013, 04:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlinmate

Anyone ever seen a left handed 250?   I've got one and haven't found another one like it... :o

FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

alantani

it looks like it is possible to make one.  i did not see a left handed version at mysticparts.com.  there is a left handed 5-60 main gear and a left handed 13-140 pinion.  the two should work.  then you would need a 98-60 coarse thread left handed gear sleeve and you would have to dremmel out the side plate to accomodate the dog on the left instead of the right side of the side plate.  it could be done.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Marlinmate

Wow....All that work...and the one I have (I Think) is an untouched version.    Maybe it is the only one in existence and is worth about $1.2m?

alantani

maybe i missed it, but i did not see a left handed version.  

https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Conventional.aspx

Dominick

Quote from: Marlinmate on February 03, 2013, 08:40:52 PM
Wow....All that work...and the one I have (I Think) is an untouched version.    Maybe it is the only one in existence and is worth about $1.2m?

Marlinmate:  I checked some sources.  It is only worth $1.1M.  I wont pay more than a million though.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Marlinmate

Like my paycheck...used to be worth more...now worth less.
Here are some pics...

Alto Mare

Nice reel, Jess, does that oil port say grease or lubricants? I can't tell from your pictures, you must have been too excited, shots are  out of focus ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Marlinmate

Alto Mare

Wow! I have a really old one, mine is a right handed and the port says grease, the newer models say lubricant.
The only thing throwing me off on yours is that stand, I've never seen a stand with tapered foot on older ones :-\.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

Jess, you do have something rare, but not that old. that tells me that there must be a few more. You probably looking at the wrong spot, I just pulled out my magnitying glass and did spot the word lubricant by the oil port.
Still a nice reel.
Just double checked and it does look more like the word Grease, not Lubricant

broadway

Quote from: CamKrist on February 05, 2013, 10:41:26 AM
I decided to give a hand and sent a post into social bookmarks. I hope the popularity will rise in.

What the heck is this crap!

Irish Jigger

Quote from: broadway on February 05, 2013, 04:13:17 PM
Quote from: CamKrist on February 05, 2013, 10:41:26 AM
I decided to give a hand and sent a post into social bookmarks. I hope the popularity will rise in.

What the heck is this crap!

Just more Gobbledygook, nothing at all to do with reel repair.
There's one born every minute. ;)

Alto Mare

Play nice fellas. I'm trying to find out where he's going with this :-\

Dominick

It sounds to me like he is promoting Alan's site on some social networking site.  Let's see if he explains himself.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

i googled him and he fit the profile of a spammer, so he went poof.  gentlemen, because of the amount of traffic we generate, we are now on everyone's hit list.  spammers are coming here first.  they used to get picked up on other sites, then logged into the various anti-spam sites, and then blocked with the filters used on this site.  we get guys like this getting through because this is one of their first stops.  isn't that wonderful.   >:(