from sri lanka

Started by alantani, February 05, 2013, 12:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

damith send this over from sri lanka!

"Alan I am Keen angler. I one of recent catch. 53 kg GT"

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Cone

I bet that was fun!  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

wallacewt

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Newell Nut

Nice Pic and a ton of fun. Get out the Bengay creme for those elbows.

Alto Mare

Very nice fish, Damith, Thanks for showing it to us.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Damith:  Thanks for showing us the bait you are going to use.  Did you catch anything with it?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

lawaia

53kg...Wow, that's a big boy!  Nice catch!  Would love to see more details, e.g. deep dropping iron, or baiting; tackle; depth?

kamuwela

broadway

Beauty of a catch... bet you felt that for a couple of days ;)
Dom

ossipeter

Damith

Quote from: lawaia on February 05, 2013, 11:56:39 PM
53kg...Wow, that's a big boy!  Nice catch!  Would love to see more details, e.g. deep dropping iron, or baiting; tackle; depth?

well we pop with poppers some which I make. Tackle Shimano Stella SW 10000 reel, Shimano-Caranx-Kaibutsu long cast 8'2 rod, power pro braid 45kg line, craft bait GT3 popper. reef near drop off 10-30m

lawaia

Quote from: Damith on February 06, 2013, 12:12:21 PM
well we pop with poppers some which I make. Tackle Shimano Stella SW 10000 reel, Shimano-Caranx-Kaibutsu long cast 8'2 rod, power pro braid 45kg line, craft bait GT3 popper. reef near drop off 10-30m

Thanks for the additional info.  Must be really exciting to see a BIG fish like that hit a surface popper!  You must make a good strong popper to withstand the kind of force a fish that big must strike with, not to mention have a good strong grip on your rod'n'reel.  Fishing the reef drop off must present a challenge to keep the fish from running into the coral to cut you off.  Congratulations once more on a fine catch and thanks for posting the photo.

alantani

damith, welcome!!!!  you have a box en route with some items that you will find useful for reel repair.  for the anti-reverse parts, i am still looking. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!