Titus TG 50 II handle drags

Started by Irish Wake, February 05, 2013, 03:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish Wake

What a Great site,I just got done servicing 2-TG 30II and 2-TG 50II, the one 50 was real hard turning the handle before servicing.did a complete service Maine hi and low gear was pretty dirty, clean them up good grease them and the Bearing put it back together handle turn little better but still had some drag to it,open it up turn handle still had drag ,removed Holding Plate #207 and Bushing #215,handle turn Free,put Plate#207 and bushing#215 back on handle had Drag again,put it back together handle still has little drag when turning,what do you think the Problem could be,would Appreciate your help

alantani

if you mean that there is resistance when you put the reel in gear and turn the handle, then it is likely the right main side plate bearing.  do you have a quick link to the schematic?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Irish Wake

Alan,yes I meant Resistance turning the handle, are you saying Bearing #9101 side plat Bearing,I had open and repack that Bearing it was spinning free,With side plate off the reel and Holding Plate #207 and Bushing #215 off the side plate,handle turn Free, when I put the Holding Plate #207 and Bushing #215,back on I get resistance turning the handle,,I clean the ID of the bushing with emery and grease it good with no results,  Appreciate your help

alantani

check that bearing.  it comes under so much load, that any roughness at all to the bearing will cause the exact symptoms that you describe.  it does not take much.  that right main side plate bearing has to be perfect!!!!! 

Irish Wake

Alan,first off thanks for the supper fast shipping the Bearing packer,sent payment same day,works great,now for the Reel Problem,Holding Plate #207 and Bushing #215, corrosion between the hold down Plate and the lip of the Bushing made it feel like one solid piece,got them apart clean the corrosion was forcing the Bushing down on the gears causing resistants,works Great now,,

alantani

glad things are working out.  corrosion was a big problem with these reels!