Where are the pics of "TANKED" metal plates?

Started by Joel.B, February 06, 2013, 03:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel.B

I was just about to mill these JVariance plates for a guy and thought i'd take another look at how the other guys here have done them before I start removing material on this one....but now  can't seem to find any pics....I know i have seen a few before

I want to see the different springs and cuts you guys have done on these billet aluminum plates

They way I have done them before is fine but there is always better ways, especially on this forum ..........bunch of smarty-pants up in here never cease to impress me

Maybe you moderators can earn your pay for a change ;) and consolidate all of the "Tank" pics into a master thread showing all the different styles for me.......I'll need precise measurements too, cutter sizes, spring material.......

alantani

not sure.  i did a search on "variance" and did not come up with post loaded with photos.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Maybe this will help, there is also information on the one that Duane did on page 16 by "The Tank".
Sorry, I have no dimentions, mine are done freehand.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=5853.msg49475#msg49475
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Joel.B

Thanks Sal, I read that whole thread several time and one of the issues is that many of the pics are gone now.

I was giving you a hard time more than anything, but if anyone has pics of the different way they've done their plates please share them again

I have done some freehand with dremel, but an upright mill is really nice. I settle for my drill press when I dont want to drive across town to my friends shop- works almost as good.