Senator 6/0

Started by 58Evinrudebigtwin35, February 05, 2013, 10:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cone

George i agree. I said in my post above to buy an extra for under the gear. I sometimes use what I have instead of ordering though. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

George4741

Quote from: Cone on February 07, 2013, 03:55:48 AM
George i agree. I said in my post above to buy an extra for under the gear. I sometimes use what I have instead of ordering though. Bob

It would help if I carefully read all of the posts. ;)  I also often use what I have on hand.  CF all the way! ;D  Of course, we could suggest a 1+7 drag for Tony. ;)
viurem lliures o morirem

Alto Mare

George, thanks for setting us straight. Bob, somehow from you mentioning the 6-60, I was thinking 113 ::)
George is right, you will need the 6-114, the 6-60 won't work...well we could make it work if we had to ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Quote from: George4741 on February 07, 2013, 04:03:30 AM
Of course, we could suggest a 1+7

Is there room?  I think I know where I can find some .035" washers.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

George4741

Quote from: Keta on February 07, 2013, 04:32:18 AM
Quote from: George4741 on February 07, 2013, 04:03:30 AM

Of course, we could suggest a 1+7

Is there room?  I think I know where I can find some .035" washers.

Yes, I used Smoothdrag's .020 thick #21 CF washers.  I had to open up the holes to fit on the gear sleeve.  AND, the standard Penn metal washers are thin enough for this mod.  Check out the photo below.  Notice how deep all of the CF and metal washers sit in the main gear.

viurem lliures o morirem

Keta

Nice, and all Penn metal drag parts.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

58Evinrudebigtwin35

Thanks fellows for all the replies.  What a wealth of information.  I ordered my parts from Scott's /MysticParts.  The gentleman in my picture is my dad Aniello in 1970.  He was 60 at the time and the rockfish he is holding was caught in the Chesapeake Bay with a fibreglass boat rod and an Ocean City 112 reel.  I am now 60 and I still have both rod and reel.  The quote is also Pop's...usually uttered at the dinner table.

Thanks again, you have a great group here!

Tony

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Anthony, stai zitto e mangia!

Alto Mare

Love your quote Tony. Doesn't work with my son Anthony either ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 08, 2013, 03:20:52 AM
Love your quote Tony. Doesn't work with my son Anthony either ;D.

I guess all Italian fathers said the same thing "stai zitto e mangia!"  For you non-Italians it means "shut up and eat."  I had 5 brothers and we sat at the dinner table every night, so you can imagine the noise out of 6 boys.  Then we would hear the refrain "stai zitto e mangia!"  It was all good.  Tony, Sal thanks for the memory.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Dominick, I'm the baby of 7, except for my parents, all still living today. We weren't allowed to talk while eating, If we did, we would get the "stai zitto e mangia"warning. Next would be the belt and that made you listen, my father's nickname was " the bear ".... in our dialect (gliurz) :o. Also, being the baby, I had to wait for everyone else before I got my dish. I was ok with that, especially when mom made spagetti with frutta the mare ;). We were allowed to talk after we ate though.
I still do that today, my wife doesn't understand.
Sometimes I wish she grew up with us, she doesn't stop all day ::), she's a good girl though ;)
Even though we were poor and food was scarce, I would go back in a flash if I could. I miss those days. :(.
Sal

Thanks for the memories, Anthony ;).

Now back to your 6/0, let me know if you need anything...

Keta

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 08, 2013, 10:51:55 AM
......my father's nickname was " the bear ".... in our dialect (gliurz)

My wife's last name is Orso and she lives up to it.

Mark Twain