Braciola with eggs

Started by Alto Mare, February 06, 2013, 09:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

My wife went back to work, after 10 years of being home, so now I need to chip in with the cooking. ::)
Today we will be having spagetti with braciola gravy, yes it's gravy not sauce ;D
I got some sliced top round, you could use flank or whatever floats your boat ;)

I have a mixture of: bread crumbs, grated parmigiano reggiano, couple of cloves of grated garlic, fresh parsley, salt black pepper and olive oil. Spread evenly on the meat

and added hard boiled eggs

rolled it up to create a braciola

and tied it nicely

placed it in some olive oil to brown

and added some home made red wine to deglaze....that Californian watered down Zin might not work here ;D

Got me a slice of some nice bread and added that nice oil for a snack, before adding the tomatoes

next, the tomatoes went in

after one hour of slow simmer, I added the tomato paste

One more hour of simmer and stirring, the gravy is done

removed the braciola

rested for 10 minutes and then sliced

Not showing how to cook spagetti, I'm sure you guys already know how to.
Buon Appetito!
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Yum.  I'm forwarding this to my wife.  She's Japanese/Okinawan on the outside, but pure Italian on the inside.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Sal:    Mmmmm that drove me crazy.  I haven't made braciola in a year.  As a matter of fact the last time I made them was cotenne braciola.  I am Sal-ivating.   ;)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Dominick, now you're driving me crazy. Cotenne with beans and homemade thick tagliatelle.... good stuff!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

harryk3616

broadway

Sal,
    I'm gonna ask before you get other proposals... WILL YOU MARRY ME :-*
Man, that looks good!
Dom

Dominick

Uh-oh.  Romance rears its ungly head.   ;D

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Why not. But only if "broadway" gets repaired to my standards ;) or you get something similar ;D

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 11, 2013, 09:38:26 PM
Why not. But only if "broadway" gets repaired to my standards ;) or you get something similar ;D
You know they probably have a kit for that somewhere.  ;D

broadway

I'm working on it, trust me! It took me until last week to get actual estimates from all the trades professionals needed to put Humpty Dumpty back together again.  There is soooo much work around here that nobody is going out of their way as they don't have to... it's falling on their laps :-\
I'm pushing for an end of May-beginning June launch... that's if insurance bucks up! >:(
As long as I have a boat and you have a braciola... ;D
Nice food pal,
Dom

redsetta

Great work Sal - will have to try that.
QuoteI am Sal-ivating.
Nice one Dominick :D ;D
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer