Skate and Kayaks

Started by willybendit, February 07, 2013, 06:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willybendit

i sometimes get asked if i will take a few Kayak anglers with me when i go common Skate Fishing   we all chip in and rent a cottage and have a weeks fishing  a great time is had by All    i even get to tow one  out   the fishing grounds   this is Lozz A well know Kayak angler who ive been fishing with  a few times  this is the biggest skate caught by a Kayak angler 208lbs and it towed him over a mile up the loch from where the hookup was  This is another mate Gary on his First Skate Trip  i passed over my rod as id already caught a fish   Paul with a nice Fish  two kayaks  tied to the back of my boat  John with a fish  Stuart bent into one    This Is A Map Of Where We Fish   Loch Crinan Near Oban My old mukka Rab  this is the Guy who unhooks the Conger eels for me  this is a picture of My  shimano Beastmaster 50/80 tolling rod bent into a good fish another time i passed a rod over  and this is me   tightlines Alain

Keta

Nice, it looks like you skip hair cuts as often as I do.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Quote from: Keta on February 07, 2013, 06:20:00 PM
Nice, it looks like you skip hair cuts as often as I do.
;D ;D ;D
Alain:  Thanks for sharing those photos.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

willybendit

I dont Get Time  for a haircuts     IM Always FISHING      LOL 

George4741

Nice fish.  Looks like mucho fun.  Besides the Beastmaster, what other reels do you guys use?
viurem lliures o morirem

Keta

Quote from: willybendit on February 07, 2013, 09:24:47 PM
I dont Get Time  for a haircuts     IM Always FISHING      LOL 

Good Idea!
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

johndtuttle

bluefish69

Sorry John

That's an East Coast thing. Mud Marlin is a Red Hake. In the Summer when certain days are slow these fish help put fish on the boat. They are great eating. We fish them in 90' - 120' of H2O

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

wallacewt

good stuff willy,nice pics.makes you realise how lucky we are in other parts of the fishing world.

johndtuttle

Quote from: bluefish69 on February 08, 2013, 05:24:38 AM
Sorry John

That's an East Coast thing. Mud Marlin is a Red Hake. In the Summer when certain days are slow these fish help put fish on the boat. They are great eating. We fish them in 90' - 120' of H2O

Mike

heheh  ;D

We call all of the mud dwellers that are large and flat (skates/rays) and take you on ling runs Mud Marlin. Fishing San Francisco bay in my youth we always called them that. :)

best and thx for the report.

HOLEINTHEWATER

LOOKS LIKE FUN, DON'T THINK MY BACK COULD HANDLE THAT. THANKS FOR THE PICTURES.

Irish Jigger

Hi willybendit, looking at your chart,you are fairly close to the Gulf of Corryvreckan up there. No place for a small boat let alone a kayak. Passed it many times in my Lochin33 but only at slack water neaps. ;D

conchydong

Awesome report. I love that part of Scotland. I remember taking the car ferry from Oban to the Hebrides in 15'+ seas, drinking pints and eating Kidney pies while most of the people were vomiting in the bags that they handed out. I was trying to pick up a few words of Gaelic but I was unsuccessful.
Cheers

willybendit

Hi Tom  some of the Kayaker`s  have paddled the Corryvrecken  whirlpool  just for a bit of fun  its at awesome  bit of water  most of the time we are fishing this side of the sound of jura from Crinan Harbour  down to tayvallich   we have nick named the venue Skate Alley  hope to get back up there the end of April  but my main aim this year is to catch a Porbeagle shark  might pop across to Ireland   but i have to get the OK off the  F   P   O   =    F ishing    P  ermission      O   fficer   =  The Wife    LOL  Tight lines Alain