impact wrench

Started by triumphrick, February 08, 2013, 04:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triumphrick

I have a very bulky, older impact wrench that is struck with a hammer to force a screw or bolt in either a clockwise or ccw direction...

As mentioned..it is older and not functioning as well as I would like

I was thinking that maybe someone has come up with something like the spring loaded center punches that would accomplish the same result....by pressing inward it would "trip" and provide a way to unscrew stuck screws. I'm pretty good with a drill press...but that comes after the slot is rounded so much that nothing is going to turn it..

Anyone using anything like what I am am after?

And no...I am not looking to hook up my air hose to an impact gun!!!

This needs to be small...

Jimmer

I think you should invent one - Jimmer
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Seachaser

I would think they would have it in a gunsmithing catalog. If there is such a thing, Brownell's would carry it.

erikpowell

I wouldn't call it small, but no airhose needed...
This one has a permanent spot on my reel bench.. beats the old school impact wrench every time

Cheers'
Erik

Makule

I actually did see a tool as described.  A "screw driver impact driver", I guess one might call it.  Place the bit into the screw, hold the handle and hit the top of the handle with a hammer.  There apparently was some kind of internal drive that would turn the bit when the handle was struck.  Thought it was a very clever and handy tool.  Don't recall the name, make, etc., and it was so many years ago (long before the advent to battery driven impact drivers).
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

bluefish69

Now I know I'm not totally crazy. I also saw one of those tools but can't remember where or when.

Why can't you use a Hammer Drill?
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Bunnlevel Sharker

I like my air hose one. I pretend im in nascar ;D
Grayson Lanier

Dominick

Hey Guys and Gals, this is what you are looking for.  Dominick

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_36882_36882
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

yeah, that!  i bought one a few years ago.  never did use it.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

jonathan.han

They work great before you break out extractors. Used it quite a bit on Kuka manufacturing robot.
raw instinct

Dominick

I had a set years ago.  We used to use them to remove the doors from cars.  Why do you ask did we remove doors from cars?  Well for two reasons, 1. I could (because I had the tools) and 2. It was cool to drive with no door on the driver's side.  Yes this was before we had seatbelts.   ;)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

bluefish69

They don't last long on 5/8 & 3/4" bolts - nuts then hit it with a 3# hammer.

Makule

I hope you're not going by what I said, because I'm certifiable.  Of course, I'm not totally crazy.  Some parts are missing.

Quote from: bluefish69 on February 09, 2013, 04:20:29 PM
Now I know I'm not totally crazy. I also saw one of those tools but can't remember where or when.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

bluefish69

RowdyW

[quote   Don't recall the name, make, etc., and it was so many years ago (long before the advent to battery driven impact drivers).
[/quote] Harbor Freight..... called an impact driver.....used with sockets or screwdriver blades.....made in 3/8 & 1/2 in. drive.