Upgrading a Surfmaster 100

Started by Alto Mare, February 08, 2013, 04:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erikpowell

Awesome Sal !

"Don't forget, when your done with the twin, there is another a little larger waiting Wink"

;) Ahhh, you are correct Sal-hoppa... there is one smaller than this:

it's awaiting passage of the 2014 Budget 
My Fish & Game Dept. has requested funding for an additional T3N Tank  ;D ;D ;D

pm sent buddy... many Thanks!

and Lee, parts received! many Tanks to you too!. As soon as my buddy forwards it all over to me, that Salinized surfmaster is hitting the water!
I picked it up already spooled with 20lb powerpro :D ..so I'll fish it with a little 30lb flouro and see how the thinner line goes

I still need to hook up with Alan or Bryan for that 98-155 ss sleeve, and I think i already have a bigger star to fit it.

Vinaka vaka levu you guys (many big thanks)

Erik

Alto Mare

;D, that's one gorgeous reel Erik ;).
I will put that gear in the mail.
I have a bunch of main gears for different reels, but no pinions. Penn never sold those as sets, as Newell and Accurate did, you will be ok using your pinion.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

erikpowell

Thanks Sal  ;)..... remember, you sent me the thin underwear washer for that  ;D
the 113H was a gift along with a matching 112H from an old family friend.
Alan supplied the T4Nk, s.s.sleeve, handle & arm .... Lee's dogs and BP's gears will be coming over with the gear you sent me.
So it shouldn't be too long before I have another Salinized reel to show off!  Thanks again buddy  ;)

erikpowell

Quote from: Keta on November 27, 2013, 02:18:43 AM
Eric, I've scrounged them out of older Penn 60's

I just put a black Tib frame on one of my Surfmaster 100s.  The next one will have a Newell base once I locate one.

Lee, are your drags still stock or have you guys managed to 5 stack or hex these?  ;)

Alto Mare

Erik, if your friend would open that envelope hat I sent you, he might be able to answer that question ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

erikpowell

;D ;D ;D  Ok Sal!
You're a gentleman and a scholar mate!

"Antici-pation" ..... Annn-ti-ci-pay-yay-tion ...... iii-it's makin me wait..."   ;D

i gotta make a call....

Keta

I sent a 5-60 adapter too.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

erikpowell

;D ;D Boom !  I just re-read and noticed you slipped that surfmaster adapter in there too Lee.. how cool is that!
and i've got some cf sheets on the way too..

though i wouldn't put it past you guys... if i open my box to find hex washers already inside  ;D ;D

you guys are awesome

alantani

we'll see how awesome you think we all are when we come knocking on your door to crash out at your place and drink all of your beer! ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

redsetta

Quotewe'll see how awesome you think we all are when we come knocking on your door to crash out at your place and drink all of your beer!  ;D
x2 - I was planning to look Erik up next time I'm at Cloudbreak ;)
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

erikpowell

;D ;D Bring it on Boys!  Plenty of room here  ;D ;D

Ron Jones

Sal,
What line do you run on these? I've finally got parts for my Newelled Baymaster with the 100 aluminum spool. I'm thinking 300 yards of 20# braid with the spool filled with 20# mono, but you'd know better than me.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Alto Mare

I have 17lb mono on mine Ron. Experiment and see what works best for you type of fishing.

Keta

Quote from: noyb72 on February 10, 2014, 12:09:14 AM
Sal,
What line do you run on these? I've finally got parts for my Newelled Baymaster with the 100 aluminum spool. I'm thinking 300 yards of 20# braid with the spool filled with 20# mono, but you'd know better than me.
Ron

I'd suggest using 40lb Spectra and 20lb mono.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

DaBigOno

Quote from: Keta on February 10, 2014, 12:53:43 AM

I'd suggest using 40lb Spectra and 20lb mono.

I gotta try this with hollow decade...
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono