Advice Needed on How To Honestly Sell These Reels

Started by whalebreath, February 09, 2013, 05:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruddah Bill

I say part it out.  Here's a suggested breakdown.

Reel Seat by itself (AS-IS, For Parts)
Cross Bars & Top bar (Set)
Handle
Spool
Sideplates with screwset and bolt for handle.

You've got one bum part, if sell it as a set and IMHO you'll decrease the all-around value of the remaining parts.  

Did you know that you can order a Tiburon upgraded frame and spool for the 546?  

I don't think they're listed on the website but they're all over ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=tiburon+546&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=Newell+Tiburon+546&_sacat=0

My bet is that when you see pictures of the frames on ebay, you're going to keep your reel :)
Owner & Manager
Ewa Beach Buy & Sell
HiFishGear.com

alantani

Quote from: whalebreath on February 10, 2013, 07:05:59 PM
Well Thanks anyway these are 546-4.6 and are quite wide.

yeah, i won't have one of those either.  i do have a narrow frame and spool for the 533.  not sure if it will fit to narrow down this reel.  would be cool if it worked, though. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Makule

How much would you like for the pair, as is?  I may have a buyer.  Send me a PM.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

alantani

not sure.  i bought them last year for my own reels and never installed them.  i will check on the price and get back to you. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Makule

Apologies.  My inquiry about price was for Carl about the two reels.

Quote from: Makule on February 11, 2013, 04:15:09 AM
How much would you like for the pair, as is?  I may have a buyer.  Send me a PM.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.