Advice Needed on How To Honestly Sell These Reels

Started by whalebreath, February 09, 2013, 05:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whalebreath

Noticed on another board that EBay people are paying rather high prices for old Newells-unobtanium and all that.

Well there are a few sitting unused on the bench now and I have sold things on EBay in the past.

The issue is that one has a broken reel seat as shown and I'm not sure if it's better to sell it 'as is' or both as a package  with one as a 'parts reel'.

IMO it's still usable with the supplied clamp but I'm the sensitive type  ::) and don't want anyone accusing me of marketing shoddy goods or underhanded behaviour.

So if you had these two how would you feature them?

Any insight out there?

TIA

Carl Z
Vancouver BC

alantani

i have a couple of reel seats.  can you give me the EXACT width?  and let me know if there are two screws on each side, or three. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Makule

I have sold, and do sell, regularly on Ebay (orchids mostly).  There is no problem with selling either/both of those reels, and I would probably sell them separately if it were my choice.

There is no problem with selling the reel with the broken reel seat.  Just describe it accurately, and post a very clear image of the break (which you've done here).  Bidders will take the break into consideration and bid accordingly.  The reel with the broken reel seat is by no means a "parts reel". 

The guy who get in trouble are those who knowingly try to deceive by posting crummy images and fudging on the description.  Omission of the facts is a form of deception, so as long as you describe it accurately, and to the best of your knowledge, there should be no problem.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

bluefish69

Alan

You have to remove the side plates to get at the screws for the reel seat. There are 2 screws on each side. Be careful the bearing does not fall out of the Clicker side. Nothing should fall out of the Handle side [Better Not].

You never said what model number is on the reel.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

whalebreath

Quote from: alantani on February 09, 2013, 05:48:13 AM
i have a couple of reel seats.  can you give me the EXACT width?  and let me know if there are two screws on each side, or three. 
3 & 1/8 inches, two screw holes-I assume you take Paypal I'm Happy to take that off your hands if it'll fit.

alantani

crud.  the only one i have is 2 inches and change.   :-\

alantani

are you sure about that?  i have a newell 533 and the frame is only 2.44 inches.  the one you have looks much narrower.  i am talking about the width of the base, from inside ring to inside ring.   ???

bluefish69

Sorry but I have to ask the same question again

What Model Number Reel Do You Have?

I think you are measuring the outside plate to plate. You have to measure the inside to inside of the plates.

alantani

Quote from: bluefish69 on February 10, 2013, 05:16:16 AM
Sorry but I have to ask the same question again

What Model Number Reel Do You Have?

I think you are measuring the outside plate to plate. You have to measure the inside to inside of the plates.

my guess as well.

bluefish69

Alan

I just measured a P 338F it came out to 3 1/4" & the 332 is a lot smaller. The measurements are outside plate - outside Plate

Mike

alantani

bluefish69

alantani

crud, then for sure the only one i have is too narrow. 

whalebreath

Well Thanks anyway these are 546-4.6 and are quite wide.

bluefish69

Well that shoots me down. I have nothing that big.