got christmas photos? post them here!

Started by alantani, December 14, 2009, 07:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

i just took this photo this evening, then ordered up a bunch of cards online.  allison, my older daughter, is a sophmore and is in a panic because finals are coming up.  my wife, joy, is still unemployed after a layoff last january.  she was a manager for sun microsystems and it's been tough to even get interviews.  my youngest, christina, is now a 6th grader in middle school and loving every minute of it.  she's a really gregarious kid, makes friends easy and has a knack for being able to work a crowd.  she is also the only other one in my household that can eat fish.  did i ever mention that my wife and older daughter are allergic to fish?  yes, it is true.  God has a sense of humor!

the big struggle has been taking care of my wife's parents.  my mother-in-law is 86 and is mentally sharp as a tack, but physically very frail. 

my father-in-law is 91.  last january, the exact same day that joy was layed off, the old man took a bad fall and sustained a fairly severe concussion.  he spend 2 days in an icu and 5 more days before he was released from the hospital.  my wife and i were caring for him 24/7 for the first 3 months and every night since.  the poor guy can't shower or even go to the bathroom by himself.  mentally, he's slowed down considerably, but has still maintained his sense of humor.  he just never gets the punch line right!

despite the difficulties, we are all hanging in there.  everyone is as healthy as can be expected, and for that i am grateful.  from our house to yours, i would like to wish you all a merry christmas and a happy and prosperous new year. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

kamuwela

Quote from: alantani on December 14, 2009, 07:23:15 AM
i just took this photo this evening, then ordered up a bunch of cards online.  allison, my older daughter, is a sophmore and is in a panic because finals are coming up.  my wife, joy, is still unemployed after a layoff last january.  she was a manager for sun microsystems and it's been tough to even get interviews.  my youngest, christina, is now a 6th grader in middle school and loving every minute of it.  she's a really gregarious kid, makes friends easy and has a knack for being able to work a crowd.  she is also the only other one in my household that can eat fish.  did i ever mention that my wife and older daughter are allergic to fish?  yes, it is true.  God has a sense of humor!

my heart is with you and your family alan. i know exactly how it is my mom is 84 and  her mind not to good but physically shes strong. im disabled from an industrial accident and i care for her my 2 girls and 1 grandson  melekalikimaka to you and yours and may god bless you and  your family.

the big struggle has been taking care of my wife's parents.  my mother-in-law is 86 and is mentally sharp as a tack, but physically very frail. 

my father-in-law is 91.  last january, the exact same day that joy was layed off, the old man took a bad fall and sustained a fairly severe concussion.  he spend 2 days in an icu and 5 more days before he was released from the hospital.  my wife and i were caring for him 24/7 for the first 3 months and every night since.  the poor guy can't shower or even go to the bathroom by himself.  mentally, he's slowed down considerably, but has still maintained his sense of humor.  he just never gets the punch line right!

despite the difficulties, we are all hanging in there.  everyone is as healthy as can be expected, and for that i am grateful.  from our house to yours, i would like to wish you all a merry christmas and a happy and prosperous new year. 

realmedic

Alan you have a beautiful family and its truely wonderful to have loved ones this time of year.

here are pictures of my family we really do need to get a holiday picture but our family is always so busy running here and there doing lord knows what lol

here is my mother with her 1st catfish

here is my father with my nephew

here is my little siter wither her husband and my nephew who i swear will end up being my little fishing buddy in the near future.

last not not least here i am with my nephew and my best friend clyde who is 15 years old at this time.

realmedic

finally found a picture of my daughter. she her self will be 15 this year. she lives with her mother last time i saw her she had pink,green, and blue spiked hair.

and here is my grandmother. keep in mind im turning 40 this december 16th everyone seems to have forgotten how old grandma is. shes still smart as a whip although she gets around abit slowly. we have grandma with us for another christmas and i thank god for that.

nook55

Hi Alan,

I have some pictures I would love to post, but they are on my PC. Apparently this board requires you to have your pictures posted somewhere on the internet? They cannot be uploaded from a PC?

Scott

realmedic

Quote from: nook55 on December 17, 2009, 05:42:08 PM
Hi Alan,

I have some pictures I would love to post, but they are on my PC. Apparently this board requires you to have your pictures posted somewhere on the internet? They cannot be uploaded from a PC?

Scott

scott i used photobucket for this application which works quite well

nook55

Here is a picture of my youngest daughter (center) with my two foreign exchange students Mi Rim from Korea (left) and Wannakahn from Thailand (Right). Unfortunately, none of them like to fish!!

Here I am with my wife, daughter son, and his wife.

He's Air Force and they're having Christmas in their new home at Nellis AFB, Nevada this year.

My oldest daughter is also Air Force, she recently got back from a six-month tour in Iraq! She lives in Okalahoma by Tinker AFB. Glad she's home safe and sound for the holidays!

Happy Holidays to all and remember our military men and women who put themselves in harms way for us and cannot be home for the holidays.

Scott

realmedic

awsome Nook !!!! nice that you have hero's in the family!  ;D