Chicken stuffed with baby spinach and cheddar

Started by Alto Mare, February 14, 2013, 06:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Ok fellas, this will be my last crack at it. Today I'm making stuffed chicken. This dish is one of my wife's favorite and since it is Valentine's Day, why not do it:
I start by getting the cleaned spinach wilted in some olive oil and garlic

I drain them and set aside

I lay the chicken cuttlet flat and place some of the spinach over it, topped with cheddar

I will then roll them up and dip them in egg, followed by a mixture of panko bread crumbs and flour 50/50, seasoned with salt and pepper

I place the rolled up chickhen in some oil to get them brown a bit

and  place them  in a baking dish, along with the juce from the spinach

I cover  and bake for 45 minutes at 350

While baking, I will deglaze the pan with some white wine

i will then add sliced mushrooms and homemade chicken stock, along with the juce of one lemon

When the stock is reduced a bit I will add a teaspoon of flour, mixed with the hot stock in a glass.
I do this to thicken the sauce.
I will then place the stuffed chicken on a bed of rice and pour  the sauce over it, topping with some fresh parsley.

Buon appetito ;)
OK duds ;D, it is your turn now to show what you got. Alan and Bryan, I don't mean cut up some raw fish and place it in a dish ::) ;D
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

Wow - now that's my kinda dish!
Great stuff Sal. I'll be trying that next week.
Thanks, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Jimmer

Sal - why you been wasting all that time with masonry and reels? I think you need to open a ristorante.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Alto Mare

Quote from: Jimmer on February 14, 2013, 09:19:38 PM
Sal - why you been wasting all that time with masonry and reels? I think you need to open a ristorante.

Jimmer, I gave it a lot of thought, but just can't stay at one place all the time. Besides, now I get to tell my customers that I have a saltwater emergency, every now and then ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

seaeagle2

Yum, I think I'll see if I do the chicken part, my wife will do the "deglaze" part
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Bryan Young

As I say in Hawaii, that's onolicious. 

I am soooo hungry now, and would love to have one bite...  If you were closer, I'd be over in a heart beat Sal. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

gone fishin

That recipe looks so delicious that when I first saw it, it made me so hungry that I had to get up and find something to eat.

Norm