Pro Gear Yellowtail Special bearing

Started by Jimmer, February 15, 2013, 06:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmer

Is the right side bearing and it's black plastic cup removable? Is it just a straight pressed in? The clicker side is threaded. Any help here before I damage something would be great.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

alantani

it should be pressed straight in.  there is no slot for a screwdriver, right? 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Yeah, those are held in with a o-ring.  Very tight fit.  Not threaded.  should be able to push out with your finger.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

fshncrazy

Yup, should be able to push it right out.  I believe its metal too.  I'll check mine.

Jimmer

Thanks guys, thats what I was thinking, just needed some confirmation to proceed. Is the big wavy washer under the drag star required? Seems like a smaller cone washer could provide the pressure and not bear against the outside of the anodized frame.

Bryan Young

In most cases, I throw away those washers, but for Pro Gear's aluminum stars, if I will be applying a lot of drag pressure, I keep them to distribute the force on the star on a wider area.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

fshncrazy

Brian's right, I actually leave that one on so that not all the pressure is on the center of the star.  There should be another wavy washer from star to handle.  That one I believe is there to not let star go flush to handle. 

Alto Mare

Get rid of those aluminum stars guys, I have a couple here from pro gear with stripped threads. I thought my 4/0's looked cool with matching colored stars, they are worthless.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Jimmer

Wow, just finished the reel and its a 541, not a YTS. Looks a lot like the 500 magnum accurate Sal posted a picture of last week, 500 size with 4/0 guts and 4:1 gears, I think I'm keeping this one, just need to order another stainless dog and a s.s. star from Lee.