114H SS Sleeves.

Started by SNAPPERHEAD, February 16, 2013, 02:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SNAPPERHEAD

Just a quick question, Alan. When are the 114h SS sleeves gonna be back up online at Scott's?

Ben

alantani

i should talk to mo about that.  i shipped out a bunch last year and they did not fit all of the bridges so pennparts shipped them back.  what i did have the machine shop guy take some dowel pins and shave them down to give is about 0.005 inches.  they should all fit now, but i never did get back to mo with information about the upgrade.  in the meantime, i have some.  they are now in kits with the stainless steel gear sleeve, a stainless dowel pin, a stainless dog from keta, and #6-114 ht-100 drag to go under the main gear.  they are $35 with shipping included.  i'm selling them cheap because of the dowel pin problem.  send an e-mail if you are interested.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

George4741

Hi Alan,
I want a kit; please check your email.

George
viurem lliures o morirem

Kspence

I would like to purchase a kit as well.I sent you an email as well. Thanks

alantani

my guy delivered them, but there was a problem so they had to go back.  now it's back to the drawing board.  still waiting.   :-\

ReelFishingProblems

Alan, new to the site and love it. Great community. I got some old penns from my grandfather after he passed and look forward to using this site as an amazing reference and community.
I have spent several days locked in the home office going through different threads on the forum but can't seem to find any SS sleeves for a 114h. Do you have any of the ones with pin issues still? Or do you have any info on who might have one?
The army is sending me to Florida so I think fixing up an old 114 could be a great reel for the waters there.

Nick,
Monterey, Ca

alantani

ok, got 'em.  they were cut left handed, so i had them recut right handed.  they work fine, but they look funny as hell.  i dunno, what do you guys think?  it was either that, or toss the entire bunch. 

RowdyW

I think that some of the strength is lost by not having the ramp to back up the notch. Dump'em. JMO                                   Rudy

Alto Mare

There is still lots of meat there, they might do just fine. I would probably soften the squared cut a little and give it a slight radius.
If you have many cut, it's a good idea to test one first. I'm thinking they will do just fine.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

Well...it's an interesting look for sure! Maybe sell 'em at a discount. :-\
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Bryan Young

Quote from: alantani on August 13, 2016, 06:33:06 PM
ok, got 'em.  they were cut left handed, so i had them recut right handed.  they work fine, but they look funny as hell.  i dunno, what do you guys think?  it was either that, or toss the entire bunch. 

I got a few reels we could try the out on. Oh wait, you have one of my 6/0s there
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Definitely funny looking. Its easy to say Dump'em when its not your money on the line.
I am willing to try them.
Should make for some loud clicking with a stainless spring.
Life is Good!

ReelFishingProblems

Alan, if you think they are still stronger than a stock sleeve, I'd love to try one.

Alto Mare

You know, your machinist might be onto something, you now have a left-hand and a right-hand sleeve into one, it should actually cost a little more than the usual :).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Three se7ens

My gut instinct tells me the ratchet will still not be the first thing to fail.