carbon fiber

Started by nook55, December 15, 2009, 02:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallacewt

i have 5 sheets 5"x5"x1mm if anybody needs them
$100aud includes postage to anywhere.
1 lot only.new,not greased.
same material as used by okuma in there reels.
pm me if interested.
cheers

borchcl

Here's another source for carbon fiber sheet: www.ballard.com

borch

Alto Mare

Quote from: spearo776 on July 15, 2011, 11:02:38 AM
Hi alan, i know this is an old post but, have you tried a wad punch. I cut my own carbontex washers up to 1 mm thick with a wad punch . I have a kit with szes 5mm - 32mm. Anything bigger i have used carvery scissors. If needed to dress edges i use a fine file and drag the washer not file, as such.

Hello Spearo, I just wanted to thank you for the great tip on the wad punch. I just received mine today, I purchased a used set of 7 for $10 on ebay. I just got done punching a half dozen washers that I needed, I used a 1mm sheet of carbon fiber and was amazed on how easy and clean it was. I placed the sheet on a piece of hard wood and all it took was one hit with the hammer. I'm very excited on this one, thanks again and keep your great tips coming. Take care, Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

spearo776

Great to hear alto. I'm in the process of doing every reel i own. I source my carbotex from www.thedownriggershop.com the guys name is andy and he's from Sydney, Australia. Very reliable to deal with so far.