Eccentric Spring

Started by Bucktail, February 20, 2013, 01:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucktail

Can anybody please explain how to get an eccentric spring back into place on a Penn 220GTO?  A pic of where the other end goes might be helpful. ;D  I knew I shouldn't have taken it apart.

Thanks,
Bob
Just a jig-a-lo

Dominick

Try this http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1311.0  If that does not answer the question, start at home and search for 220 GTO. Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

This should help:

Let us know if you're still having problems.
Good luck, Justin
PS Schematic here, if you need it: http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/content/purefishing/407-220GTOpdf%20Rev6
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bucktail

Got it!  Thanks guys. ;) 

BTW Pescachaser, the pics in the link you posted are no longer available. :-\
Just a jig-a-lo

Dominick

Bucktail, you are right.  I went back and checked.  They were there when I posted.  BTW you put the eccentric lever together with the spring loose.  After you tighten down the screw holding it together take a needle nose pliers and flip the spring into place.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

multifuel

I just went through a 220gto that I have had for about 4 years as a box of parts given to me. The eccentric is best installed with the lever on it to hold it in. I then got the tab up under it and then using the lever it will POP into place. The bridge assy, was totally off, you can see what you are doing- If you want I will take mine apart again to picture it for you, it takes me a few minutes now that I have the hang of it and I really wish to figure out why the freespool is non-existent.

It takes a little finagaling, and the freespool is worthless on this BRAND NEW reel. I took it apart several times Saturday to keep trying to get it to spin better and it really doesn't want to. I greased it up and the bushings seem fine, It appears the spool doesn't sit quite right in the frame. I may take it apart again to fiddle with my dremel on it and try but it is not a very well made reel to start with, the 320's are much better IMO.
It is simple albeit a pain to line everything up ( it was totally broken down, I got it as it wouldn't take line when tried to spool and finally got on it) but not a complex reel by any means, one just cannot be ham-fisted, especially with the dog and spring, that was fun to get on! I used a small pick to pull it over and slide onto the stand off for it.