Aloha! from BI of Hawaii

Started by HURLEY BOI, February 20, 2013, 05:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HURLEY BOI

Aloha! Just born to this site and appreciate all the positive knowledge that is being shared on this site. I'm currently working on a Newell 646 and have a problem that I discovered while taking it apart. On the reel base just above the reel foot is cracked or separating from the foot, I think it started from the reel seat digging in to the base of the reel when tightened. Can anyone share with me on how to go about fixing this problem? maybe adhesive's? Mahalo!

Bryan Young

Aloha & e komo mai.

Can you post some pics of the reel seat.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

this one may be tough.  most epoxies will not hold.  can you also give us the width of the reel seat?  oh, and welcome!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

HURLEY BOI

Trying to send a picture but can't figure it out. Need your help! What do I need to do? The width i 3 3/8.

Norcal Pescador

Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

HURLEY BOI

Aloha, read the post on how to send a picture, but still dumb founded. Got myself a mac apple and still a newbie with that too.

Cone

"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

bluefish69

Sounds like a 4/0 or 6/0 Penn reel seat by the measurements. I have nothing close to that.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

kamuwela

aloha hurley and mahalo for joining us

Makule

Aloha.  E komo mai.

I'm in Papaikou.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Bill B

Welcome from the Sacramento Delta....
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

HURLEY BOI

Thank you for all the aloha. I know i'm going to be learning a lot from all the knowledge and experience that you all provide. Thanks again for all the love and aloha!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...

Brian A

howzit.  can run da clamp but gotta get extended bolts or try find one new base.  I believe the 550 is the same base.  I don't think penn has a part that will work.  If you not in one rush, i can sell you one 550 base i think from an S series.  I get the bars too.  Shoot me a pm.  Shoots

b

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain