Parts for a 3/0 Senator?

Started by JasonF, February 21, 2013, 05:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonF

Can anyone tell me where I can find these parts for a 112h?  I got my Accuframe and reel, just need the rest.  I copied Sal's 9/0, now I am going to do the same to saltydog's 3/0.  One day I may contribute an original thought to this forum!  Here is what I need.  I will post photos of the project progress.  Cheers! J

-SS gear sleeve

-Two SS dogs

-SS main gear (wishful thinking)

-HT100 drag set

-An old school handle.  The gawdier the knob colour the better.  The knob on my reel is black, I want colour.

saltydog

I just got some ss dogs from a 113h and cut them down with a file to fit.

-SS gear sleeve  * I get mine from Alan

-Two SS dogs  *Keta should have a few 113h ss dogs and you could file them to fit,hold a 112h dog lined up with a 113h ss dog in a small pair of vice grips to get proper shape,then file away.

-SS main gear (wishful thinking) *Ebay and garage sales

-HT100 drag set *mysticparts.com(good one kinda tired)
-An old school handle.  The gawdier the knob colour the better.  The knob on my reel is black, I want colour  *Ebay has them all the time

Hope you have luck with some of the other hard to find parts but with a little work anything can be made.And the little junior TANK is a nice reel once finished.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

day0ne

The only thing I would change is get the HT100 drags from mysticparts.com . HT100 is a Penn trade marked drag washer.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

alantani

keta made 112h dogs in stainless (i think).  i also have a jigmaster power handle with a red knob and counter-balanced handles with a smaller rose, ivory and red colored grips. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

JasonF

Thanks guys!  Alan, do you still have any 3/0 gear sleeves?  If so I will take the handle and sleeve.

Bryan Young

Quote from: JasonF on February 21, 2013, 06:28:08 AM
Thanks guys!  Alan, do you still have any 3/0 gear sleeves?  If so I will take the handle and sleeve.
Gear sleeve we got.  Which handle are you interested in?  If it's the power handle, they are on order.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

ok, goofed off yesterday and went skiing, i will try to get these together for you today or tomorrow!  got the ivory handle grip as well. 

JasonF

No big rush.  The reel and frame have not gotten here yet.

JasonF

I found a Newell spool for this reel.  Would it be worth the $40 asking price?  Are claims of "better castability" with it just marketing BS?

bluefish69

I don't know about casting but it will be lighter in weight then the Chrome over Brass
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

JasonF

My reel came with the black spool.  Are those steel?

saltydog

That should be an aluminum spool.
MacArthur

JasonF

Ain't it pretty?  Double SS dogs, Accuframe, SS gear sleeve, and a suprise I got from Alan with a parts shipment...a SS main gear!  I picked up a Penn Prevail 12' surf rod for it.  Now I am going tommorow to get a bucket of blue crabs (for bait) and a bottle of Jack to spend a couple days sitting on the dyke hoping a big black drum will break it in!

saltydog

That sure is a pretty reel and some big fish should deffinatly fall to it,great job.
MacArthur

alantani

jason, the gear is plain steel, not stainless.  but you're welcomed anyway.  if it is too rough, replace it with a standard manganese bronze alloy gear.