Before I teardown this 533-5.5 some helpful hints...

Started by Newell Nalo, September 02, 2013, 04:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nalo

Obviously new this forum this is my virgin post so to speak...however just picked up this Newell 533-5.5 from a friend who didn't want to mess with it so he bought Shimano...the retrieve is very clunky like something is holding it kind of new to conventional reels been repairing spinners most my fishing career however this is something new to me.  Checking through some of the forum didn't see anything that seemed like this particular problem though terminology may have eluded me :), any help would be useful also need to pick up a bottom reel seat replacement any help there would also be appreciated (preferable aluminum) doesn't need to original this is going into the fishing line-up function over fashion...

Mahalo... 
Beer in my hand, Okole in the sand...

Bryan Young

Aloha Newell Nalo,

E komo mai bradah.

Check out this post. It's almost the same as the 533 except the 500 series reels have double dogs instead of one.  Great reels.  After playing around with Alan Tani's Newee 500 series reels, I may have to borrow it for some live bait casting some day.

Once you take the reel apart, clean it up, then we will see what the problem is and we can kokua when needed.

Aloha
Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D