Did I buy the wrong stuff?

Started by Bucktail, February 24, 2013, 05:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucktail

I ran out of my Penn Blue Grease and decided to order some of the Yamaha Marine grease.  When I opened it I noticed it was not the bright royal blue that I thought it would be (like the Penn grease), it's more of a pale blue.  Also, it doesn't say waterproof on the container anywhere, only "resistance to salt water".  So is this the good stuff or did I just waste $20?

This is what I got.  $5.90 + about $14 for shipping!  http://www.parkeryamaha.com/yamahamarinegrease141oz.aspx
Just a jig-a-lo

Bryan Young

That's is what ours looks like too. Appears that Yamaha changed to formulation.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bucktail

Thanks Bryan.  Still good grease?  Or is the new formula inferior to the older version?
Just a jig-a-lo

Bryan Young

Only time will tell. I figure that Yamaha has more to loose than we do if the formulation does not live up to its reputation.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

it seems to work just fine.  i prefered the darker blue stuff as well, but so far it has not been a problem. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

skrilla

Been using the new stuff for a couple years now. Works great. It does turn green but doesn't seem to effect anything.