Morrum 6600 cl

Started by Gasman, March 01, 2013, 02:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gasman

I just picked up a well used Morrum 6600 and after disassembling it I have a couple of questions. What is the plastic gear under the main gear for? I would have expected a drag washer there. How is the pinion on the spool removed to replace the left spool bearing? It looks like it is just pressed on. Other than replacing a few parts I'm keen to try this reel out.

alantani

found the schematic.  http://www.abugarcia.com/sites/default/files/schematics/MORRUM6600CL%200700.pdf

usually the gear under the main gear drives levelwind assembly so that the leveler moves when the handle moves.  your reel has an idler gear on the left side plate, meaning that the spool drives the levelwind.  this plastic gear might be present so that the reel could be set up to work either way. 

to get to the pinion support bearing, it looks like the yoke for the pinion gear lifts straigh up. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Gasman

Thanks Alan. It seemed odd that there is a gear without a purpose except as a spacer. I should have been more clear about the pinion. I meant the gear on the end of the spool shaft, that drives the idler gear and the worm gear. I can't see any retainer and so I am assuming its a press fit. How would one remove and replace this without damaging it?

alantani

oh, that's easy.  get two small screwdrivers and stick them under the edges of the idler gear at 180 degrees, then turn both screwdrivers clockwise to provide equal pressure upwards and it will pop right out.  one screwdrive will work, or just try pulling by hand. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Gasman

Thanks again. I'm waiting for the bearings to come, then I will try it.