Dog spring width

Started by JasonF, March 04, 2013, 01:23:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonF

Easy question.  Is the width of the dog spring of a 114 senator the same as that of a 115? 

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

JasonF

Not the answer I wanted Sal!  When I double dogged my 3/0 I made the depth of the cut out the same as the other side.  When the bridge is in place the spring is wider than the depth causing resistance to the spring.  I guess I can file the side of the spring a bit and route out a few hundreth more from the depth to allow better movement.  I want to change the length of the dog anyway.  Using 3/0 dogs on both does not give an opposing click.  They click too close to be effective.

saltydog

When I made my springs for my 3/0's I went to hobby lobby and got a small piece of thin brass sheet then cut my own.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Alto Mare

I believe I used a coil spring on my new dog on the 3/0. I can't find the picture of what I did and I don't have that reel anymore. I'm sure you'll figure some out Jason.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

JasonF

I just took the dog and put it in the bench vise with the portion I wanted to remove sticking out and took a file to it.  Problem solved!