need new bearings

Started by hafnor, March 06, 2013, 01:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thun

Would the hot tip of a soldering iron heat the race up enough to pry it out?

Keta

The race needs to be chilled so it shrinks.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Snagged2

Quote from: Keta on March 08, 2013, 01:31:17 AM
The race needs to be chilled so it shrinks.

yep,, freeze the offending bearing race, and if possible, heat the sideplate,,,

and then,,,,,,

with the bearing under some pressure with a highly leveraged prying device,, smite the sideplate mightily with a nylon hammer,,
with your third hand of course!

hafnor

I will go to Clas ohlson today than! thanks pål. Yes I have 4 reels from Irvin. All very well used! :)

paal

Good luck! You already have the bearing packer and grease gun, right?

hafnor

I have the bearing packer and greasegun but I seldom use it. Somehow I like putting grease on the thumb and work it in... haha! Avet answered my mail and want 5$ each bearing and 22$ shipping to Norway which is stupid as a letter will run no more than 5$... But I guess this is my best option.

Keta

I just sent 7 oz to England for $12.00.  You should have the bearing mailed to one of us and we can repack it like I do for my dogs and it will save you some $$.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

hafnor

Bryan Young

maybe Lee can pack those bearings with marine grease before he sends them.   ;D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

I'll order them on Tuesday morning and get them on the was asap.

Mark Twain