Hello everyone

Started by CDShaddock, March 09, 2013, 01:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDShaddock

Good morning everyone.  I am a mechanically disinclined lover of fishing.  I found this site after being fed up with being fed up with having great fishing equipment but no idea how it works or how to fix it beyond replacement.  I picked up a few oldies for a smile and have decided to rebuild them from the ground up so that I would have an intimate understanding of how they work and how to repair them. 

I picked up a Jigmaster 501, Penn 3/0, Penn 722, and Penn 720.  Fair warning I have less than zero mechanical prowess so I may ask for very basic explanations of terms, procedures, and a lot of "Why does that work?"

I would like to thank everyone for knowledge I have already gained.

Irish Jigger

Welcome aboard. Don't be afraid to ask,we have all had to at times.
Alan has a  Jigmaster Tutorial on here that should help you with your 501.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=20.0

Bill B

Welcome to the friendliest, most knowledgeable, bunch of people on the internet.....all questions are honored, you might get directed to a previous thread, but please ask the questions..some of the best discussions have been on the most basic question...I'll tell you now, I won't have the answer, but someone here does......Welcome from the Sacramento Delta ...Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Bryan Young

Welcome. We are here to help. No worries.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Cone

"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

jlezama

Welcome from a fellow newbie!

UK Ron

Alto Mare

Enjoy your stay, CDShaddock.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Welcome CD. Sounds like your on the right track with those for reels. Many nice upgrades can be made to those. Let the addiction begin. Good luck and there are NO stupid questions.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

WCFLA

Welcome! This place rocks!

Regards,
Dan

Norcal Pescador

Welcome! We're more than happy to help!
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

kamuwela

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...

saltydog

Welcome from Texas,I love those 3/0 and there is a lot you can do to them .
William
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur