penn 130 drag washers?

Started by Rusty12, March 10, 2013, 12:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty12

Does anyone know the orientation of the washers for an older penn 130 single speed??

Keta

They are always the same, keyed, eared, keyed, eared.....
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Robert Janssen

...except that the 130 is a lever drag reel...

What washers? Bellevilles are ()

Drag washers are as they fit together, with the ratcheted one furthest to the left.

john2244

He might be asking about the old Penn Sailfisher 130.

John

Keta

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

kamuwela

130h? large gold reels are normally ()() or if you only have two then () sailfisher? im sure someone else will chime in on that one.

Keta

Mark Twain

Robert Janssen

Quote from: john2244 on March 10, 2013, 04:18:55 AM
He might be asking about the old Penn Sailfisher 130.

John

Ah, yes... Good thinking.
But the same poster has previously posed several questions about the International 130, so I figured it was perhaps so this time as well.

In any case, it has been covered... All is well.

Irish Jigger

IF it's the old Sailfisher 30, check out Scott's link re fitting drags to this reel.

https://www.mysticparts.com/Assets/images/pennparts/schematics/130sail.pdf

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

Rusty12

Guys sorry i didnt explain better but yes for the bellvilles i was talking about. On all the 130 st's 2 speeds i have been doing all had the configuration of (). When i took this old single speed apart i noticed they were different but as i removed them i forgot what it was. It was either ((----, or ))------ with the dotted line being the shaft

Thanks hope this helps

Rusty12

I just spoke with the owner he said the way it was before the drag would be light then all of a sudden it would be a tight drag, so maybe they were in the wrong way from beginning.

kamuwela

curve in so the surface touches the inner race and as it flattens out it will spread the pressure across the whole bearing.