2013 Somerset, NJ Saltwater Fishing Show

Started by Bucktail, March 16, 2013, 06:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucktail

As promised, here's a report and a few pics from one of the largest saltwater shows in my area.

http://njsaltwaterfisherman.com/forums/index.php?topic=30888.0

And here's a quick video of the Avet Pro EX 80 3-speed reel

Just a jig-a-lo

wascallywabit

Thanks for the great pics Bucktail. Me and the gang will be down tomorrow to check it out. Glad to see that Shimano and Okuma had booths there.  I had checked a vendor list previously and they were not listed. Was hoping Penn would have a display as I would like to check out the Fathom line. Oh well. Looking forward to it.

Alto Mare

Thanks for the shots Bucktail, I'm only about an hour away but won't get a chance to go....not that I could afford it. ;D
Where do you fish? I'm going to try to get down there a few times this year, I fish off carsons inlet O.C.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bucktail

wascallywabit,

The entire Pure Fishing line up (Abu Garcia, All Star, Berkley, Fenwick, Hodgman, Johnson, JRC, Mitchell, PENN, Pflueger, Sebile, Shakespeare, Spiderwire and Stren) was noticeably absent from this show and the World Fishing Expo in NY this year.  What a shame.  They were there last year.  I guess that when you get that big and control half of the fishing tackle market you can do that. :-\ 

Sal,

I was there all day and the only thing I bought was a couple of hot dogs and a soda.  ;D  I mostly go to say hello to friends and see what's new.  It's a fun day off from work in the winter.

In NJ I will fish anywhere, from Cape May up to the Highlands.  But most of my fishing is done out of marinas from Barnegat to Shark River. 
Just a jig-a-lo