5:1 Ratio 316 SUS Gear Set For JigMaster 500/501

Started by Black Pearl, March 19, 2013, 11:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

Quote from: bigcatpat on August 01, 2014, 02:21:42 AM
When can we order???????

The Jigmaster 5:1 gear set kit will ship out to the US on Monday 08/4/2014. To place your order, please send email to sales@prochallenger.com or call 561-568-3980 by phone.

bigcatpat

Born to roam the riverbanks.

bigcatpat

I sent you an order at the sales@prochallenger.com address.I put my paypal address on there. 8) 8) 8) If I need any of those extra washers you were talking about please include those in the order too.I am going to be using Bryan's drag stack too.

Alto Mare

Quote from: bigcatpat on August 03, 2014, 12:47:20 AM
I sent you an order at the sales@prochallenger.com address.I put my paypal address on there. 8) 8) 8) If I need any of those extra washers you were talking about please include those in the order too.I am going to be using Bryan's drag stack too.
Hello Bigcatpat, Alan Chui will send you the main gear the pinion and the spacer, anything else you will need to get on your own. If you're using these gears in your 505, you might need another metal washer or two on top of the stack.
This is not a big deal, you could use the older metal washers on top or some from Bryan..
How you like your drag it's up to you, most of my reels start very soft, cranking the handle doesn't move the spool when the star is backed all the way.
Some like to set theirs differently, they do want a little drag at first, when the star backed all the way.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bigcatpat

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 04, 2014, 09:18:51 PM
Quote from: bigcatpat on August 03, 2014, 12:47:20 AM
Hello Bigcatpat, Alan Chui will send you the main gear the pinion and the spacer, anything else you will need to get on your own. If you're using these gears in your 505, you might need another metal washer or two on top of the stack.
This is not a big deal, you could use the older metal washers on top or some from Bryan..
How you like your drag it's up to you, most of my reels start very soft, cranking the handle doesn't move the spool when the star is backed all the way.
Some like to set theirs differently, they do want a little drag at first, when the star backed all the way.
Sal
Thank you very much Sal!!!! 8)

bigcatpat

bigcatpat

Quote from: bigcatpat on August 05, 2014, 02:28:33 AM
Alan,please check your pm's.I sent you an order. :)
[/qute]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Did you check your PM's yet Alan?

Black Pearl

Hi guys,

I have received a lot of emails on the Jigmaster 5:1 gear set kit.

I have not received the shipment yet. I know that the 9/0 pinion gears are done for the past 2 weeks, and the Jigmaster's main, pinion gears are done last week. At the final stage, while testing the pinion gear ring, it turned out that the pinion ring has been little tighter. Therefore, we are working on the new rings to address that. I will have an updated tomorrow.

Thanks,
--Alan

erikpowell

Bula Alan,
Hey, when the new jigmaster pinions come in, I'd like an additional full set, plus at least 2 - 9/0 gear sets.
AND.. with all these, are you still bringing out the 4:1 gear sets we can use in the 112h?
I'd like 2 of those too please  ;)
Vinaka!

Black Pearl

Quote from: Black Pearl on August 07, 2014, 03:01:23 AM
Hi guys,

I have received a lot of emails on the Jigmaster 5:1 gear set kit.

I have not received the shipment yet. I know that the 9/0 pinion gears are done for the past 2 weeks, and the Jigmaster's main, pinion gears are done last week. At the final stage, while testing the pinion gear ring, it turned out that the pinion ring has been little tighter. Therefore, we are working on the new rings to address that. I will have an updated tomorrow.

Thanks,
--Alan

Ok, the 9/0 pinion gears are on their way to here, and there are 2 sets of Jigmaster 500/501 with a new tighter pinion ring. I will send one set to Sal for testing approval. If it is approved, it will take 2 to 3 days to finished the product in Taiwan.

Thanks,
--Alan

Black Pearl

Quote from: erikpowell on August 09, 2014, 05:34:18 AM
Bula Alan,
Hey, when the new jigmaster pinions come in, I'd like an additional full set, plus at least 2 - 9/0 gear sets.
AND.. with all these, are you still bringing out the 4:1 gear sets we can use in the 112h?
I'd like 2 of those too please  ;)
Vinaka!

That is correct. I don't have the ETA on it at this moment. I have so many things going on.

Thanks,
--Alan

broadway

Can't wait to finalize my 9/0 with your pinions. I'm gonna have to get the dust out of my 9/0 cause it's been open for months on the bench. Keep us posted pal.
Thanks bro,
Dom

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Black Pearl

The Jigmaster 5:1 gear set kit order is scheduled to arrive Florida on 08/18/2014. To place your order, please send email to sales@prochallenger.com or call 561-568-3980 by phone.

If any order is paid before 08/18/2014, it will ship out on the 08/18/2014.

Here is the specification and price.

1.) 316 stainless steel main gear.
2.) 420 staineless steel heat treated pinion gear.
3.) Helical precision cutting.
4.) True 5:1 ratio
5.) Smooth spin pinion.
6.) Modified sleeve spacer.
7.) $47.99 (original) and $49.99 (custom).

There will be 6% sales tax for any order shipping within Florida state.[/b][/color]

Black Pearl

If anyone want to know the different between the standard and the custom main gear, please check out the following link by Bryan.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=6713.msg59428#msg59428