Penn Accurate Jigmaster Gears

Started by SNAPPERHEAD, March 23, 2013, 06:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

day0ne

Quote from: SNAPPERHEAD on March 24, 2013, 01:27:59 AM
Did Accurate actually make any Accuplates for the 500? All of the Accuplates I have seen in my lifetime seem to have bearings, so I am assumming they are all 505s. I have never seen a full Accurate Conversion with bushings and most I that I saw used the gears that I have pictured above, without the lips unlike the bronze 505 Gears. Any more input Sal and company?

SNAPPERHEAD

Yes they made Accuplates for the 500, but they had bearings in them. The gears you have pictured above are for a 500, not a 505
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

SNAPPERHEAD

Quote from: day0ne on March 24, 2013, 05:31:17 AM
Did Accurate actually make any Accuplates for the 500? All of the Accuplates I have seen in my lifetime seem to have bearings, so I am assumming they are all 505s. I have never seen a full Accurate Conversion with bushings and most I that I saw used the gears that I have pictured above, without the lips unlike the bronze 505 Gears. Any more input Sal and company?

SNAPPERHEAD

Yes they made Accuplates for the 500, but they had bearings in them. The gears you have pictured above are for a 500, not a 505

Did Accurate make any 505 gears. I have not seen any in my lifetime.

SNAPPERHEAD

mchawk

By Versa Drag Sal, you mean a option for 3 Stack or 5 stack correct? Did Accurate actually make any Accuplates for the 500? All of the Accuplates I have seen in my lifetime seem to have bearings, so I am assumming they are all 505s. I have never seen a full Accurate Conversion with bushings and most I that I saw used the gears that I have pictured above, without the lips unlike the bronze 505 Gears. Any more input Sal and company?

SNAPPERHEAD

The Accurate sideplates made for the 500/501 have adjustable bearing caps on both sides, the 505/506 have the right side (handle side) bearing inside the plate and not adjustable from the outside. The bridgeplates also have a different screw pattern, and so the right side plates are not interchangeable. The Accurate left sideplates are the same for both reel types.