Penn Accurate Jigmaster Gears

Started by SNAPPERHEAD, March 23, 2013, 06:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SNAPPERHEAD

I have a set of Accurate gears for the jigmaster. Can these gears in paticular be used for the 505 and the 500 correct?  Accurate eliminated the use of bushings when making their jigmaster kits for both the 500 and 505, and I have an Albacore Special Kit for the 505 that I am going to use them for. I just wanted to confirm that they can be used for both unlike the normal 505 and 500 bronze gear. Also did Accurate make a different plate for the 500 and 505 as well? One thing I know is that for both reels, even the 500, they used bearings, not bushings.

SNAPPERHEAD

Bryan Young

Can you post a picture. I'm fairly sure they made only one type, but cannot remember for sure.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

I think the pinion ID is not the same
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Quote from: Keta on March 23, 2013, 03:11:34 PM
x2
here is a link on the jigmaster, not accurate gears but there is some good information about the 500 and 505.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=4199.0
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Black Pearl

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 23, 2013, 04:08:21 PM
Quote from: Keta on March 23, 2013, 03:11:34 PM
x2
here is a link on the jigmaster, not accurate gears but there is some good information about the 500 and 505.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=4199.0

Sal,

Since my resource is going to have the Jiggmaster 500 (the whole reel)and the 505 gear set, I will also ask my other resource to checkout the Jigmaster 500 sideplates (right and left). I might be able to make those side plates in T6061 graded aluminum with ball bearing in both sides instance of bushings.

I know my CNC guy has 5 Japanese made CNC machines in his place. I will check with him.

Keta

Can they make spools and frames for larger Senators?

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Black Pearl

Quote from: Keta on March 23, 2013, 04:36:50 PM
Can they make spools and frames for larger Senators?
Which Senator models are we talking about?

Keta

The 16/0 but I think there is some interest in 12/0 and 14/0.

Mark Twain

Alto Mare

All of the above, but the one that myself and some friends are after would be for the 116A ( 10/0 ).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

RowdyW

How about a 9/0 standard width frame?     Rudy

SNAPPERHEAD

Here is a picture of the Accurate Gears. They made sideplates for both reels, so I have to assume this gear will work for both as well, no? It does look like a 500L gear set though....

SNAPPERHEAD

Black Pearl

Are they helical cut gears? I can not see that good.

Quote from: SNAPPERHEAD on March 24, 2013, 12:01:14 AM
Here is a picture of the Accurate Gears. They made sideplates for both reels, so I have to assume this gear will work for both as well, no? It does look like a 500L gear set though....

SNAPPERHEAD

Alto Mare

Nice gears Snapperhead ;). You shoulkd be able to use those on the 500 and 505.
The only problem, the pinion would be a little lose on the 505, but still usable.
Lots of meat on the wall, you could do the versa drag system on those without issues.
I would onlyuse those on the 500, If you do  decide to go that way, to increase drags.
Sal

SNAPPERHEAD

By Versa Drag Sal, you mean a option for 3 Stack or 5 stack correct? Did Accurate actually make any Accuplates for the 500? All of the Accuplates I have seen in my lifetime seem to have bearings, so I am assumming they are all 505s. I have never seen a full Accurate Conversion with bushings and most I that I saw used the gears that I have pictured above, without the lips unlike the bronze 505 Gears. Any more input Sal and company?

SNAPPERHEAD

Cone

Versa drag is Penns name for their eared carbon fiber washer system. The drags can be set for different drag limits by changing the order of the eared drag washers and the keyed metal washers. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD