More on vsx (16)

Started by AlohaDan, March 23, 2013, 08:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlohaDan

Hi Alan

Long time no talk. 

Had an incident where I lost my rig overboard and could not get to salvaging for 4 weeks due to water visibility, etc. Fortunately younger guy with me could do 20 feet and he spotted it during a snorkle search pattern we conducted after weather broke..

It ment overhauling my 16 VSX. From my previous post (  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1172.0  ) I should have been familar with doing everything, BUT>>>>>

I can't get the drag cover  (key#156) off   :-[ :-[

It's not the lock plate (key 156B) the little metal thing. But rereading my own previous posr I noticed I had difficulty the first time and had to use vice grips to get more leverage.

But I've gotten older also so I'm easier to confuse.  Your excellent post on the vsx50 says to turn the penn tool clockwise. That's about half way through your post.  But the Penn inscription on the drag cover says  unscrew with arrow pointing counter clockwise.

Before I bust something can you clear up the direction for me?

Mahalo nui loa.

Aloha Dan

PS for all others. After four weeks underwater the reel had been attacked by everything from barnecles, to corrosive mud. Had I not greased everything when the reel was relatively new as Alan suggests, I shrudder to think about how much extra work I might have had. As it was an overnight soak in my pool, plus flushing with saltway, then brake cleaning fluid cleaned up most to the crud.

kamuwela

dan lift the plate under the pin and turn it 90 degrees. the pin will now stay up then turn the cover counter clockwise, you may need to give the tool a few good whacks to break it free.

AlohaDan