Lexa 300 Carbontex Drags ?

Started by russ1962, March 24, 2013, 02:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

russ1962

Does Smooth Drag sell drag kits for the Lexa 300?

Bryan Young

The lexa should have greased carbon fiber drags. Unfortunately, I'm not sur about the drags under the gear.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

russ1962

Bryan, you're not sure if they're greased below the main gear?

Bryan Young

I'm not sure if the reel has carbon fiber drag washer under the main gear.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

russ1962

I looked at the schematic and the washer under the main gear, Key #84, is mis-labeled as an E-Clip.  ???
I guess I'll find out when I tear it down.  ;D

russ1962

Quote from: Bryan Young on March 24, 2013, 04:59:40 AM
I'm not sure if the reel has carbon fiber drag washer under the main gear.

Bryan, I took it apart and it has a drag washer below the main gear but not sure if it was carbon fiber or not. Actually, I don't believe it's a drag washer at all.

MrTrain

Sorry to bring back this thread but does anyone know the size of the drag below the main gear? (the only one that is not carbon fiber)

I'm picking up a Lexa 300 and would like to get drag in advance so I can change it when I receive the reel.

jonathan.han

Those just came out last year and I have yet to play with one. It usually takes a year afterwards to see the new reels and the outcome of fishing a season. If you measure the inside diameter, outside diameter, and thickness, someone would be able to tell you which drag washer to obtain through Smooth Drags or from Alan.
raw instinct

Fishead

I just took mine apart last week. The drag washer in the gear does not look to be as good quality as the carbontex washer. I wiped & greased them with Cals grease & I will replace them with carbontex when they go bad since I didn't have the replacement washers in my parts box. I can't say I remember what the under gear washer looked like, I did a bunch of my reels that day.
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!