What Model Penn Is This??

Started by thunnus69, March 26, 2013, 01:44:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thunnus69

I just finished resurrecting (re-wrapped and added new guides) a 30+ year old rod and found an old school Penn long beach to compliment it.  Got it cleaned up inside (minimal gunk).  Drags are shot.  I found drag kits online but not sure which to order as this reel has no indication as to weather it's a Penn Long Beach 60, 65, 67, 68.....
Help Please.

john2244

Based on the number of post (4 total) I think it is a 65.  Post on my 65 are approx 2 1/8"

John

Alto Mare

X2, it's a 65.
Here is a drag kit you would need
https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/6-60SP.aspx
Sal

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

john2244

If you are interested I may have some posts and a stand you can have.  They may be  in better condition that what you have now.  If interested send me a PM with your mailing address.

John

thunnus69

Thanks Alto for the link.  I plan to order a complete kit. 
John thank you for the offer but I will stick with what I've got.  I like the patina.
Can't wait to pull on some bluefish this summer.  I love getting old things to working shape. 

UKChris

That is an old one judging by the handle shape and the name stamp on the sideplate.
Great that the new bits will (probably) fit perfectly to bring it back into action.
If reels could talk... it might have some tales to tell

Chris