New narrow 112H

Started by BMITCH, March 26, 2013, 06:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

Out of stainless? This is very exciting.
luck is the residue of design.

Black Pearl

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 01, 2013, 08:36:37 PM
I'm with Ron, the cut out would be the way to go, all is needed  is to leave a 3/16" wall. I mentioned this to Alan a little while back but haven't heard anything. :-\ I do not mind paying an additional $10 or so per set, these would work on all of the gears that we're getting.
If this does work out, we will need to wait until the gears that Alan is bringing to us,are out of the way.
if it doesn't happen, Doc's hex sleeve will do us.

Sal, we can try few sets on the 112H. Do you perhaps have the diamension how far each ears should be?

Doug

If an  insert works for the 112h  it should also work on any reel using the same gear set  right? I am thinkibg about what an awsome 501 you can have  Doug

Robert Janssen

Ah, right... again i am reminded to get back to you about that...

Ron Jones

Doug,

I believe Sal has already done a 501. Look up Hex drags.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Alto Mare

Slots are better than an insert. Black Pearl is checking with his contact, he will let us know when he gets some info.
This is good guys, I was able to push Black Pearl's gears up to 22lb and that was with the star as tight as it could go. With my gears that I placed the six slot , I was able to get 28lb .
My tests are done with the line going through the eyes of the rod and by turning the handle, not easy.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keith K

You dudes are killin' me.  When this becomes reality, every 500 series/112H/Newell I own will be this...Bring it!

Keta

Quote from: BMITCH on April 01, 2013, 09:00:49 PM

The first ones might be aluminum.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Cone

I don't mind aluminum. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

BMITCH

Aluminum is just great. So far this winter I've been into ALL my reels at least 5X with all the updates!! Seems like you just get out and they pull you back in. All in good fun. Are we running out of updates yet? Lee, I have a couple of machinist friends looking into an insert for the gears. I don't hold out much hope in that it will get done in a quick time frame. They don't fish so I don't expect there tobe any urgency to get it done. If it gets done at all. Thanks for all your hard work.

Bob

Black Pearl

Ok guys. I have an update on this subject.

I can make 50 gear sets (main and pinion) for JigMaster 500/112H per Sal's requested. These 50 sets will have 6 ears as shown in the picture. I might have to get in touch with Dawn (Smooth Drag) on making those CF drag washers available.

Theses 50 sets will be SUS 316, helical cutting and 5:1 ratio.

I have not confirmed anything yet, but the original project (with original 2 ears only) for the JigMaster/112H samples will be started soon.

Now the question will be who want it and please show your hand. I don't know how much it will be yet, but it should not be high.

BMITCH

Hi Alan, I'm in for one set for now. Maybe a couple more for my buddies reels. One now for sure.

Thanks
Bob

Ron Jones

Alan,

I am in for a set. I want to get 1 set of these and 1 of Keta's adapters and do a head to head on my Tuna special.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bryan Young

Quote from: Keta on April 02, 2013, 01:35:34 AM
Quote from: BMITCH on April 01, 2013, 09:00:49 PM
The first ones might be aluminum.
Hi Lee,

You may want to think about using brass.  it's about the same price, but much less hastle to cut from the machinest perspective.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

john2244

I would like two set sets of the Jigmaster 500/112 gears with the six ears.
John