New narrow 112H

Started by BMITCH, March 26, 2013, 06:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

Any one know what the line capacity of the 112H narrow( chowder puff) is. And how does this compare to a 501 or a 506. Any thoughts???

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Keta

Left to right, 112HN, 501, 60.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

BMITCH

Thanks Lee. Looks like what I thought. The width of the spool is about the same between the 501/506 and the 112HN. The diameter is slightly larger on the 112HN. So that's where the added line capacity comes from. Not to mention the line retrieve rate. I needed to see that. Thanks for putting it up.

Bob

Ron Jones

And if Alan comes through with the 5:1 gears the line retrieval will be awesome!

I think I've said it on 3 threads now, but I am insane crazy about this reel.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

BMITCH

Ron I'm thinking this will be an awsome jigging reel. Over and above the 506 due to the heavy duty side rings and the bushings. I currently have a 506/500/accurate side plated 506(5:1 ratio) and a Newell 454G with the narrow Tib frame. All the above with Tib frames. Think I need to get rid of something?? Couldn't use them all. They all pretty much fit the same needs. I guess this is a good problem to have.
Bob

Alto Mare

Some might think it already was a better reel than those.
Bob, you forgot to mention the recess by the side on the new frame, eliminating inner rings. That design creates one unit with frame and plates. ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

George4741

Quote from: Keta on March 29, 2013, 01:52:30 AM
Left to right, 112HN, 501, 60.

Lee, you're not helping matters! ;)  I'm trying SO hard to not succumb to buying and narrowing a 112H (like I need another reel).  I luv narrow reels and the looks and rarity of yours is making it irresistable.

Later,
George
viurem lliures o morirem

Keta

Some are available in red now.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

BMITCH

That's right Sal !!!i forgot no inner rings. I NEED one. Now if we can justgetthe hex drags up and running......think about that. Maybe over 20# of drag and now what I was seeing from Lee the SS star drag. A really nice albacore jigging reel for the NE canyons. IF they decide to show up this year.

Ron Jones

I have been thinking about hex drags, but I figured I'd wait for someone else to bring it up.

So, now I have what is probably a stupid idea. Beings how we have Alan making full on custom gears, what is the chance we can get those gears with the inside milled out into a hex shape vice round? That would maximize the drag surface area and we wouldn't need a sleeve. Stainless 5:1 Hex dragged stainless sleeved double dogged T3NK would be and unbeatable reel for anything smaller than you would want a full size tank for. Just thinking about it is making me jump out of my seat.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keta

It would add to the cost a bit but the change can be made.

Mark Twain

BMITCH

I think that the hex per-cut in the gear is the way to go....I wonder if someone could do this??

Alto Mare

I'm with Ron, the cut out would be the way to go, all is needed  is to leave a 3/16" wall. I mentioned this to Alan a little while back but haven't heard anything. :-\ I do not mind paying an additional $10 or so per set, these would work on all of the gears that we're getting.
If this does work out, we will need to wait until the gears that Alan is bringing to us,are out of the way.
if it doesn't happen, Doc's hex sleeve will do us.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

A eared/hex adapter is heading to the cutter in 5 minutes.

Mark Twain

BMITCH