The Sqidder rebuild tutorial

Started by Semper Fish, January 10, 2010, 10:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Semper Fish

Where in the world would someone get a set of PURPLE Squidder sideplates?! Or any other non-maroon/black color? I'd like to see them in sky blue or sea green....an old isssue on this board, but new to me. Thanks Alan.

alantani

yeah, that was just me taking a photo that was not properly color balanced.  red and blue make purple, so what i think i did was shot the burgundy colored side plate using the camera set to fluorescent lighting.  i've had a bunch of people asking me where i got a purple squidder!!!!!!!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Semper Fish

Okay...there goes my plans for a spectrum of 146 Jr's!

Walter_Lars

if I recall right  and sometimes I don't somebody over on stripersonline.com has painted penn reels made made out of  bakalite  it goes something like this
clean it  , degrease  it, then  spray with krylon or rustoleim for plastic  primer  then you can paint any color you like

alantani

naw, it just wouldn't look right!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Walter_Lars

there is a guy who rides the boats outa Zooport beach (Newport) who has mismatched side plates on His 500's so he can identify them in the rod rack or if somebody trys to steel his rod and reel

don't laugh I had a calcutta 100 on a shamino fighting stick stolen off a boat

so the idea of painting your reel a non standard color has merits to make it unique
and if the guy likes differant colors who am I to say anything against him ?
but then I am the guy with the weird reels  Langley spinators  penn 49 and a a 1/0 senator with newell cross posts