Accurate G-40 Penn Senator 113H - High Speed 4:1 Gears

Started by Taily, January 11, 2010, 12:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taily

Hi Alan. I had originally posted this question on one of my local boards (had actually forgotten my log-in details here!!!) but thought you might have more of an idea of where I might track down a set of the no longer in production Accurate G-40 (hypoid) 4:1 Stainless gears to suit a YTS I've cobbled together. I had originally tried a set of Newell 4:1's but recieved a dud set of Newell gears that wouldn't mesh properly, skipped and ground badly (the pinion wouldn't align with the maingear when placed on (any 4/0H) spool (I tried it in two other standard 4/0H reels as well). I was told by the supplier that it is "my problem" as Newell only warrant items in the 'States (I live in Australia and even if I were to return the gearset to them they would do nothing and just send it back to me at my expense).

Anyway, would you have any idea of whom I might contact (I'm not keen on purchasing another set of Newell gears after what I've seen so far - once bitten, twice shy so to speak...) and if I could trouble you for their contact details?

Thanks in advance if you could help! ;)

Regards,

Taily. 

Nunc est bibendum....

alantani

i found an add that had one for sale from last november, 2009.  it's probably sold, but we'll find out real quick.  just check ebay and there are none!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Taily

Thank you for that feedback so far Alan. To date I've also tried eBay and Jack Erskine, without much success so far but still trying!
Nunc est bibendum....

alantani

yeah, i just checked back and that gear is long gone!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!