Tiburone Framed 112HN Conversion.

Started by Keta, March 28, 2013, 08:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I LIKE IT!!!!

99 Width 112H and the new 112HN

112HN and 501

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

I didn't get it in the photos but I replaced the wavy spring washer with a Bellville from a 505 and put a short spacer in.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Cone

Nice reels Lee. I can't wait to see what they catch!  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Bryan Young

Awe Lee, your reels don't match now. :o

You have just lost your fashionista status with us until you redeem yourself.  ;D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

spottybastard

Very, Very nice!  What do you plan to target / fish with it?

Keta

Quote from: Bryan Young on March 28, 2013, 10:03:31 PM
Awe Lee, your reels don't match now. :o

You have just lost your fashionista status with us until you redeem yourself.  ;D

I'll dig out my maroon 501 for ya.

Mark Twain

BMITCH

Hi lee, very, very nice!! If you could post a picture of the 112HN and the 501 widths that would be just great. I'm having trouble visualizing the actual width.

Thanks
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Keta

Will do but they are the same width.  The reels are now at my shop, I might run down and do it in a bit, if not I'll get it tomorrow.  I'll make Bryan happy and photograph the maroon 501 ;D

Mark Twain

Keta

Mark Twain

Ron Jones

So it's narrower than the 60. Any idea what the capacity is. This is the coolest thing since sliced bread.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keta

Mark Twain

Ron Jones

So call it 400 yards of 60 pound Power Pro and a 40# top shot to fill the spool. That should be fine for 3+1 drags. That will for any albacore or yellowtail fishing, and much of the reef fishing out here. I want to tie into an Ono with one of these, bad. What a cool reel.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keith K

Lee, that just might just force a new habit on me...  Really cool reel!