Shimano Calcutta 400 yearly service for a friend

Started by GeorgeN, March 29, 2013, 04:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeN

I have just started servicing and maintaining my reels and I volunteered to clean and service two Calcutta 400's for a dear friend. whoops!

These are original CT400 reels that have never been opened, serviced, or rinsed off. Just used in saltwater since they came out of the box.  I took me two full days just to clean the grime off them before I could get to meat of things. ::)

I finally got the job done and surprisingly they actually turned out really good.  Very smooth save fo a little bearing noise, but not to bad at all.  Drags, although filthy, cleaning up and operated well.

One of the reels had a visible crack in the plastic pall cap and the other reel's pall cap had the start of a possible crack in the same spot, so I will probably order two caps and just replace them.

The weird thing I found on one the reels is that the washer #1289 was missing.  I know I did not lose it, because I strung the parts together on a long screw driver and put them all back in the order they were in.
I guess Shimano might have messed up?

Does anyone know what the two pall caps ( #1239 ) and the washer ( #1289 ) will cost me from shimano? 

Thanks, George "The Rookie Reel Guy" in Santee, CA  :)

Bryan Young

If you haven't purchased stuff from them in the past, they may send it out to you for free.  Give them a call.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Propster

While I don't know the cost exactly, those type of parts have always been extremely inexpensive from Shimano. I bought a couple of the plastic line guide pawl caps for the Corvallus a few years back and it may have been a couple bucks. Will cost you more for shipping.

Zimbass

Go to the Shimano Parts Ordering System site  http://fishshop.shimano.com

Has schematics, with parts list and prices. No need to phone and hold on for a rep.
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

alantani

wow!  when did this start?  all these years i've been sitting on hold. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Zimbass

Started at beginning of March. Unfortunately only available for US shipping  >:(
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.