saltiga 2 SPEED???????

Started by fishpsycho13, March 29, 2013, 10:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpsycho13

big fan of the daiwa reels but I am not sure about one of them the saltiga 2 speed lever drag 40 looking for as much info as I can get want to make it my new tile and tuna jigging reel  if any one can let me no what they think if they have held it used it heard of people that used it I would love to hear from you don't hold back please thanks for your time

Bryan Young

From the servicing side, Jim Nomura would be a good bet.  We send all of the Daiwa Saltigas and Saltist to him.  If he cannot fix it, nobody can. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

bluefish69

Bryan

He want a review of the reel. Should he buy one or not.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Bryan Young

Jim also has Daiwas. He can give the whole scoop. Use ability and the inside dirt on the reels.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

hafnor

Jim should chime in here.

I see a boom on saltiga sales here in Norway. People are enjoying the narrow 35 2 speed model and have held up very well thus far.

It is pretty much a standard configuration reel with the drag on right side, solid clicker pretty long handle. A bit rough on the ratio imo, being 6 and 3 in low or something. The sal35II is the only narrow spooled model and is used for lighter tuna fishing I think. If you need more cap. the 40 has a much wider spool and is better suited... but using it for jigging can get a little wobbly with such a wide frame. Saltiga is daiwa's top tier reel so I think it will be a solid choice for it's price.

Fully machined aluminum frame and spool, stainless gears I believe.

That said I think Alan wasn't happy with it... He should also chime in