penn handle seal washer

Started by surfcaster, April 03, 2013, 06:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

surfcaster

Hi, I had a hard time locating The felt seal washer part # 17-750 That goes into the handle. So I came up with this. Identical to the stock one on my other reel.   It looks like the same material.  It is a felt pad from the hardware store Same OD as the stock. I stuck it on a washer with the same
  Inner diameter, cut it out with an exacto knife. or punch the center out with a gasket punch. Carefully "fillet" the adhesive glustrip off.                                     

[][/]

Bryan Young

If I do have theses, they are usually soaked with corrosionX.  And thanks for the tip. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

surfcaster

They sell the felt in sheets too,(cheaper)  I didn't have a  3/4 gasket punch for the o.d.
a 7/16 punch& mallet worked way better than the exacto knife for the i.d. Someday may invest in a set to cut my own drag washers
from cf sheets .   I should have added the adhesive backing was half falling off when i punched the center out.
      Tight lines, Rich

Black Widow Tackle

I have been looking for the same part and now I know what to do!!!   THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. You want to send me a few:) just kidding!