Revo STX -2013 problem or not?

Started by jite, April 09, 2013, 05:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jite

HI!

I have just bought a new Revo stx and have some questions.

If you open the grease port and have a look at the gear. It move sideways/vobbling when you rotate.
And there is a gap/play/backlash (not sure about all the right word for it).

Made some movies about this. From two different reels.
Because they sent a new one to me.

I just wonder if it´s ok or if every reel is like this?

http://youtu.be*******

http://youtu.be*******

Bryan Young

Is the drag loose or tightened down to at least 1#?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

jite

By drag you mean one of the settings you can make?  In that case it doest make any difference.
They are brand new. So i have´t touched any nuts and so on. Due to warranty issues.
I can send them both back but i am just curious if every reel is like this becuause it does not feel like good quality.
I have older Abu reels that feels much more robust.
But is it supposed to be like this i might keep one and send the other one back. It might still be a good reel.

Bryan Young

I mean, is the star loose or tightened?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

jite

I tried both ways and there is no difference.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

watching the 2nd video, the side to side play is normal because of the necessary slack the gear stud needs to smoothly operate. don't worry about it. ;)

Bryan Young

The 5 reels that I just servcied, I didn't notice the waviness of the gear.  Cannot tell you definitively if it poses a problem  It could be that the click lever rachet (I'm not sure what it's called) may not be seated fully.  That's the first place I'd check.

jite

I will keep the one with no vobbel.
Hope its not going to be a bigger problem further on.
Thanks everyone for your time and effort to help me.