Penn International clickers

Started by triumphrick, April 10, 2013, 01:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triumphrick

Is the spring replacement the only thing that will make these clickers a little more noticeable??

Can the existing spring be stretched or spaced out some to provide more tension on the clicker pawl to "sound off" a little more?

Thanks, Rick

Bryan Young

Yes, you can stretch the spring. It could also mean that your clicker plate may be worn.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

kamuwela

if you notice with the internationals the lower the drag the softer the clicker sound. with no drag the spool doesnt touch the clicker as you increase the range the spool shifts to the right slowly and in turn the pressure on the clicker goes up and in turn gets louder. you will notice that its louder as the line gets pulled out which makes it hard to duplicate on the bench. you could be like bryan, tie the line to a neighbor kid and tell him start running.

triumphrick

Thank you both for the replys....

Anbd kamu...you are right on about the drag pressure...

I try and explain that, however everyone seems to complain about them!

kamuwela

then they need shimano's they are so loud and hardend that it elongates the plate then the clicker leaves crecent shaped markes in the spool. nothings perfect  good luck and aloha