Should I grease drag washers (carbontex) on NEW Okuma Cortez reels?

Started by Winterkings, April 11, 2013, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winterkings

I just purchased 5 new Okuma Cortez 10CS reels and was wondering if I should grease the washers before I use them They sure seem to work great right now, but I want to do what's best for them.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Jerseymic

I bought a Cortez 10CS last year, and as you say, they seem to work great straight out of the box.

All I did was take it apart, add a bit more grease here and there to make sure it was well protected.

The drags seemed to be well greased already.

Mike.

Winterkings

Thanks guys. I kinda had a feeling Okuma probably greased them already. I didn't want to take them all apart just to find they were OK as is.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Quote from: Winterkings on April 11, 2013, 10:10:30 PM
Thanks guys. I kinda had a feeling Okuma probably greased them already. I didn't want to take them all apart just to find they were OK as is.
Hey Winterkings:  You are an Alan Tani member and you do not want to see what the guts look like?   :o :o  That's 2 demerits.  ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

Be nice Dominick. Some believe that if it works, don't mess with it. Some of us believe that if it works, how can we make it better 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

franky

I need to see the insides of one of these.  If and when a person needs parts, where is the best place to get them?  Go directly to Okuma?  If so, do they have a website or 800 number?

Bryan Young