Thank You

Started by SoCalAngler, April 11, 2013, 11:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

I want to post a little note and a big THANK YOU to a member here, Sal A.K.A. Alto Mare. I enquired in another post that I was looking for some parts for a reel I have restored. Not only did Sal have them but sent me them along with other parts I did not ask for and for free to boot. Heck he even came out of his own pocked for the shipping. IMO that is a very stand up move for sure especially coming from someone I have never met or even talked too.

I'd also like to thank Alan for starting and keeping a site like this running. Without you Alan this community would not exist. There is many fine people that moderate and post on these boards and I'm sure it is a lot of work at times. I for one just wanted to let you know I appreciate it very much.

If there is anything I can do for you guys in the Southern California area around Orange County please let me know.

I did not know where I should place this post and if it belongs somewhere else please feel free to move it.

kamuwela

maybe we should make a thank you tread  ;D(bryan)

harryk3616

kameula    sal did the same thing for me ,sending parts, he is one generous and fantastic guy. another fellow is john 2244, and redsetta.  there are so many great guys and gals  on this web site, i thank god the day i found it.   the help and info is just another great thing this site offers,  the guy's and gals are fantastic, the best and i'm not just saying this because they sent reels and parts my way, they are compassionate and kind.  harryk

Dominick

Sal is one great guy.  Check this out http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=5745.0.  I have had great experiences with the members on this site.  So I am thankful for having found the site. Thanks to all especially Alan Tani for having put this reel thing together.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

I have a funny feeling that Sal has hooked up many people with his generosity and over-whelming collection of reels and parts.
He has helped me out any time I mentioned I was looking or in need of a part.
I appreciate his knowledge, friendship, and willingness to help all of us out when we really need it.
THANKS FOR BEING YOU, SAL!
PS- this wouldn't be possible without our master, Alan T and all the moderators... thank you!

Dom

Cone

Sal has been very generous with me as well. I owe him big time! I hope to one day repay him in some way for his generosity. He knows if I have anything he needs it's his.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

BMITCH

Great site, Great people. Only one like it around. REALLY glad I found it. Thanks to all for the help and ideas.

Bob
luck is the residue of design.