Penn International 80SW

Started by ncstolat1, April 18, 2013, 12:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncstolat1

I obtained an International 80SW in great shape with one very big exception.  The Eccentric Cam Housing was terribly scored by the former owner who had to beat out a "frozen" Eccentric CAM and Follower.  The owner then beat out the scored Eccentric CAM housing from the Side Plate and said it was replaceable.  However, I found out this Housing usually identified by a P/N 125-*** was possibly never a separate part.  Am I wrong?  I called Penn, but they told me that although it doesn't appear on their 80SW Schematic it is a separate part, but they couldn't give me a part number and don't have it.  Very Strange.  I tried a 125-80ST CAM Housing but that is 1/8th inch too long.  Anybody have an idea?  Anybody willing to sell a used 80SW right side plate with the CAM Housing in it?  Please somebody help!

alantani

an 80 side plate is going to hard to come by.  check with mysticparts.com and see what they have.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

kamuwela

i diddnt know they were different, yet so close? the sad thing is alot of parts are rapidly becoming unavailable. alan is spot on again. i couldnt find any 125-80sw called locally and no one had any. where is it too long? the housing is held into the side plate by two retaining screws, then the bridge. the bridge is not flush im assuming.
                                                                       good luck. 

ncstolat1

When you place the 125-080ST CAM Housing in the 80SW sideplate and put the two hold screws in, the top of the part is an 1/8 or so too high in the Bridge.  So you can't mount the Eccentri lever (Drag Lever).  The CAM Housing should be flush with the bridge surface.   I received replies from other sources and they all say it is hopeless unless I can find a used 80SW side plate with the CAM Housing attached.  I really don't know why the old housing was removed, it probably could have been fixed with a dremel.  The former owner beat the crap out of it and used a hacksaw to get it out.  Destroyed!  Oh well.

kamuwela

sorry to hear keep what you have and i will check around. wish me luck ill get back to you

ncstolat1

After much research I have been told by reliable sources I need an 125-80S.  Unfortunately, no body has one.  Help!

bluefish69

Have you tried

southwesternparts.com
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.