Spheros 10000FB with Stella handle

Started by edgarz, April 20, 2013, 03:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edgarz

Hi all, I recently got this outfit and I see that the screw shaft for the handle is shorter than the original handle although the threads fit.
My question is; will it affect the direct drive mechanism or bearings? Thanks in advance for any advise.

edgarz

Come on guys I need some feedback. Thanks.

Cone

If the threads fit and there are enough threads to keep from stripping the threads it should be OK.
Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

alantani

disclaimer:  i know absolutely nothing about spinners........   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

edgarz

Quote from: Cone on April 23, 2013, 01:45:53 AM
If the threads fit and there are enough threads to keep from stripping the threads it should be OK.
Bob

The handle turns a full 9 times on the left side making it secure on the bearing side. I am concerned about wobble that might damage the bearing.

Cone

What is wobbling? Does the side bearing cover still fit on the opposite side of the reel? If you are concerned about something being off balance because the shaft sticks in a little less on the new handle that should not matter as long as there is sufficient thread engagement. Nine turns sounds good to me.
Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)

edgarz

Quote from: Cone on April 24, 2013, 04:07:38 AM
What is wobbling?

There is no wobble at the moment. Since the shaft does not extend to the right bushing I fear that it would wobble under heavy load and cause damage to the bearing.

Cone

The main gear is supported on both sides. The handle does not contact the bushing directly. I don't believe it will be a problem. Bob

edgarz

Quote from: Cone on April 24, 2013, 04:43:19 AM
The main gear is supported on both sides. The handle does not contact the bushing directly. I don't believe it will be a problem. Bob

Well I guess there's only one way to find out... Thanks Bob.

reelgood

I believe you can swap the sides that the bearing/bushing sit on or preferably just order a bearing from shimano and get rid of the bushing.  The larger models come with 2 bearings