Left Hand 349H

Started by Keta, April 21, 2013, 03:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I could not help myself and I picked up RowdyW's LH 349H.  Here's what the AR dog looks like, upper left.
 It has a hole drilled in the top of the left arm for a Jigmaster AR dog spring to slip into and it uses the post for the 349 dog spring.  The reel is in tough shape but I'm going to try to fix it using a LH 113H gearsleeve and parts out of my 349 boneyard.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

George4741

Lee,
Interesting find.  It is it the double lever version?  Does it use the same gears, or are they helical cut on the opposite angle?  Will you double dog it?  You should post some before and after photos.
viurem lliures o morirem

Keta

It uses the RH gears and star.  Due to it's uniquenes I'm thinking I'll keep it as close to factory as I can.  If I fish it I'll put in a LH 113H gear sleeve.

Converting a 349 to LH would not be hard to do using a LH 113H sleeve if I cut some 15-349LH dogs.  I think there is some copper and brass sheets at the cutters too.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Keta

After I got the gunk off of the gears and I got a chance to compare them with a RH set I was wrong, they are LH gears.

The reel is now fishable with a brass LH 113H gear sleeve and a 7+1 drag stack.  I need to find another ring for the non handle side to make it look better and a 26-349 bearing to make it work better.

Mark Twain