Digital Backlash control system?

Started by AJFISH13, April 24, 2013, 12:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJFISH13

Hello its Arthur again. I have yet to get the bearings in yet so no update on the first part of my project I will keep you in the loop on how that works out. However, the 2nd phase of my project would be to install a digital backlash control system. I looked at the Shimano Calais and tried to understand how they did it. Really didnt understand their system. Anyone have any ideas for this? Obviously you would have to have a programming and electronics background but if anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much and I will keep everyone in the loop on how the 1st part of the projecy works out.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

reelgood

I think a start would be to figure out how to index the spool or spool shaft so that that the electronics can calculate when max RPM is reached, this is the point when shimano claims the brakes first kick in. Are you going to use a DC mechanism from one of their reels or make your own from scratch?

Nessie Hunter

Mechanical miracle!!!!
Actually 2 systems that work together..

1.  The Electrical winding & Magnets that create enough juice to power the Digital controls.
2  The digital control that brakes at set RPM...

I dont see this as a DIY Project at all..
Very intricate and precision...
Possibly through scavenged/purchased parts and a Frankenstein reel if your very good & talented..

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

AJFISH13

Wow I guess I got a lot of work ahead of me ??? Any other suggestions.