Daiwa Basia Rotor Removal

Started by dcast, April 25, 2013, 02:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcast

I'm attempting to replace the rotor on subject reel, but unable to slide the rotor nut off the main shaft. I'm able to unscrew the nut and slide it up only about 3/8 "........ also, I can remove everything on the main shaft down through part #9 (rotor nut shield). A ball bearing is inside the nut......just cannot slide it up off the main shaft....like it catches on something preventing removal, .....I don't see any other parts on the schematic, like a collar, etc. It looks simple enough, just cannot get my mind around it........Would appreciate any ideas.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

dcast

Quote from: alantani on April 25, 2013, 02:26:03 AM
found the schematic.  http://www.daiwa.com/PartsDiagram/PartsDiagram/BAS45QDA.pdf

he was successful!

No solution yet.......appreciate any assistance. Thanks

alantani

oops, spoke to soon.  from the schematic, it looks like the rotor comes straight off, in the order shown by the schematic.   :-\

Bryan Young

Usually item 5 is pressed fit. I grab a small rag and pull on item 5 with a little wiggle of item 5 and it usually slides off.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

dcast

Quote from: Bryan Young on April 25, 2013, 04:30:23 AM
Usually item 5 is pressed fit. I grab a small rag and pull on item 5 with a little wiggle of item 5 and it usually slides off.

Item 5 is not the problem, it comes off easily enough, its #10 (bearing) and #11 (rotor nut) that will not slide off. The bearing is inside the rotor nut.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got it off.......just had to muscle it a bit more than I was comfortable with.....thanks.

alantani